How about a super simple dessert for New Year's? Make a New Year's Clock Cookie Tray!
What you need....
- Cookies - we used ready made cookie dough to keep it simple
- Chocolate Almond Bark
- Piping Bag or Plastic Food Storage Bag
- Parchment or Waxed Paper
- Bake cookies according to recipe/package directions. Or feel free to use store-bought cookies.
- While the cookies are baking, roll out a sheet of parchment or waxed paper. Melt approximately 1/2 cup of Chocolate Almond Bark or Chocolate morsels. This can be done in the microwave or a double boiler. Be careful when melting, chocolate keeps its shape when melting, so stir every 20 seconds or so.
- Once melted, pour the chocolate into your piping bag or a ziploc bag.
- Snip off the end and pipe your clock numbers on the parchment paper. Allow to set. To speed the process, you can pop them in the fridge.
- Arrange your cookies around a platter. You can pipe the hands of the clock directly on the platter, if desired. Or pipe on parchment paper and transfer.
- Once your chocolate pieces have set, carefully peel back the paper to release them. Add a few dots of chocolate on the back of each piece and lay atop your cookies.