How To Make Chocolate-Dipped Snowflake Marshmallow Pops
What you need...
- 12 Homemade Square Marshmallows
- SugarSoft Snowflakes Premium Sugar Decoration
- Candy Colors: Pink
- Candy Colors: Violet
- Treat Sticks
- Treat Bags
- Candy Thermometer
- Hot Pads
- Pastry Brush
- Cook’s Knife
- White Chocolate or Almond Bark
- Powdered Sugar
- Corn Starch
Make homemade marshmallows one day before assembling marshmallow pops.
1.5 oz. Gelatin
8 oz. Water, cold
24 oz. Sugar
16 oz. Corn Syrup
4 oz. Honey
6 oz. Water
1 oz. Vanilla Extract
- Stir in the gelatin into 8 oz. of cold water to hydrate.
- Combine the sugar, honey, and 6 oz. of water into a saucepan and cook to 252° F. Use the pastry brush and additional water to brush down any sugar crystals that form on the sides of the pan.
- Pour the cooked sugar into a mixing bowl and allow to cool to 212° F.
- While the sugar cools, melt the hydrated gelatin over a hot water bath.
- Mix the melted gelatin into the cooled sugar. Whip on high speed for eight minutes, or until well aerated.
- Add the vanilla extract.
- Spread into a half sheet pan lined, well oiled.
- Flatten by hand or with an oiled piece of parchment and a rolling pin.
- Allow to set overnight. Cut to desired size.
- After marshmallows have set overnight, begin assembly the marshmallow pops. Make a dusting powder to reduce stickiness by sifting together a 2:1 ratio of powdered sugar and cornstarch.
- Cover the top of the marshmallows in dusting powder. Then, turn onto a cutting board or parchment paper and dust the other side.
Use a chef’s knife to cut the marshmallows. A serrated knife will tear the edges. Add some of the dusting powder to the knife to keep marshmallow from sticking to the knife. Cut twelve 1 ½” x 2” marshmallow cubes.
Tip: To prevent further sticking, toss the cut marshmallow cubes into dusting powder and remove any extra powder by tossing vigorously in a tamis or sieve.
- Melt white chocolate or almond bark. Using the melted chocolate as glue, dip a treat stick into the chocolate and push into each marshmallow. Allow to cool.
- Re-melt the chocolate or almond bark. Add two drops of Pink Candy Color and two drops of Violet Candy Color to create a light violet hue.
- Dip the marshmallows into chocolate, covering the bottom half. While the chocolate is still wet, place a SugarSoft Snowflake decoration on the center of each marshmallow pop.
- Allow to dry completely before putting them into treat bags.